Monday, January 31, 2011

Mad Throwbacks

The television show "Mad Men" isn't new but it's new to me!
A few weeks ago I started from season one, episode one and I'm fascinated by this show. The 60's fashion and decor are great
(but I can't say the same about the sexism and misogny).

I'm repeatedly shocked by two things in this show:
1) Smoking - they smoke constantly.
2) Alcohol - at work, at home, all the time.
I'm only in the first season so I have a lot more to learn
but these are my favorite characters so far...

Betty is always "so put together" and oh so pretty!

Peggy is the secretary and I haven't figured her out yet...
I have figured out that her bangs are dreadful!

Don Draper.
The ultimate gentleman who is really not a gentleman.
But, I like his hat.

Joan. My favorite.















1 comment:

  1. Okay, let's see. I had those bangs. Yes they were that bad. Smoking? Everyone smoked, it wasn't dangerous, no harm, quite calming, good for you. I don't know why I never ever tried it in the sixties. My dad had that hat. So did everybody else's dad. Gloves? I had to take a whole course on "deportment" that included the correct use of gloves in my first semester of college. Man, am I old or am I cool?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...